Warm Greeting, as we welcome to our new website “https://calcuttaorthodoxcathedral.org”.
Our parish came into being in 1947 as a unit of the newly formed outside Kerala Diocese, under the late H.G. Alexios Mar Theodosius. For the establishment of our parish, the then vicar Late Rev. Fr. C. A. Abraham was instrumental. In the beginning the services were held at Armenian Church. In the year 1951 the late Catholicose H.H. Baselios Geevarghese II visited Calcutta and celebrated Holy Qurbana in the Armenian Church and ordained some students who were studying in Bishop’s college, Calcutta, as deacons. In the year 1952 H.G. Alexios Mar Theodosius visited our parish and with his efforts and support, regular services were organized in
the Armenian Chapel, Park Circus under the then vicar Late Rev. Fr. V. J. Gabriel.